These are scones that would make Mary Berry proud. Or, in the words of Prue Leith, “Definitely worth the calories. I’ll have a second one please.”
The soft and tasty beauties are perfection on a plate. Add cream and strawberry jam for a party in your mouth. What better way to create a sumptuous afternoon tea than with our simple scones?
The savoury version is scrumptious served with soup or cheese. Or scoffed with butter, whilst still warm. These would give Paul Hollywood a run for his money, we’re sure.
The pack contains recipe instructions and tips for how to make the perfect scone. So quick, so easy … you won’t believe they’re gluten free.
What else do i need?
- Gluten free flour for rolling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75g cold butter grated or chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp sugar
- 85 ml (or 85g) milk ( full fat is best, or use your preferred )
- 65 ml (65g) plain yoghurt (again, full fat for moister scone)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- juice of half a lemon (mimics buttermilk, which can be difficult to find)
- Jam and clotted cream to serve
- Baking tray, oven, 5 cm cutterIngredients
Potato starch, tapioca starch, white rice flour, cornflour, sorghum flour, vitamin C, egg white, baking powder, xanthan gum, sugar